Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Me and My Silly Phases.





OHMYGOD. I JUST DIED! I LOVED HER SONG 'DANCING ON MY OWN' AND IT WAS ON REPEAT IN MY CELLPHONE (COZ SOME CRAZY BITCH STOLE MY IPHONE, YEAH, DEEP DOWN I'M PISSED) FOR DAYS BUT IN THIS VIDEO I REALIZED SHE COULD BE LIKE ONE OF MY "IDOLS" ALREADY. =))))) (I SEE ANOTHER "PHASE" COMING ON!)

You see, in my life(OMG DRAMA!), I've had these things I call "phases" and everytime I get these "phases" I do things or rather try to be "in the zone" and try as hard as I can to "be" like the people I "idolize". Don't get me wrong, I'm not some crazy b*tch stalker fan. I just try to dress up like them, that's all, nothing serious. =)))

Let me recall some of these phases....I've had:

The Karen O Phase.

There was a moment that she had a badass hair where she wore it so awesomely, it was long at the back and KIND OF short in the front....gets? :)) I WANTED ONE BUT APPARENTLY I DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGH GUTS BACK THEN. :(


The Horrors phase.

I still studied in a Catholic all-girls school, so no, I didn't wear eyeliners back then but I wanted to but it wasn't allowed. But yes, every weekend, I would wear black and white combination with matching pointy black boots!!! =))) I would also wear a black ribbon on my neck back then! =)) I was that dedicated. :> TO BE HONEST THOUGH, I MISS THE OLD THE HORRORS. I want them back :( Oh, and I had a crush on Rhyss Webb. =))) That guy on the right with the beret! :> He's hot when he's on stage. :)))


and here's my all time favourite...

The Kills Phase.

I fell in love with them......when Gossip Girl played them on the final episode of the first season!!! (I think) And I knew I just had to google what song it was. :))) AND SOO I DID and found them :)) OH TECHNOLOGY, LALALAAAA.

I fell in love with their chemistry and how they face each other when they play gigs. It was the first time that I've seen that "type of showmanship" (?) IF THAT EVEN MAKES SENSE!?!?!!! =))) Anyhoo, I love the grungy, dirty, garage rock feel to their songs and the rusty guitar sounds and cool beats that their drum machine gives and so up until now, they're still number 1 on my list when people ask me what my fave band is.

I loved and "idolized" Alison Mosshart and tried to dress up like her. When I went to Hong Kong for the first time, I had my The Kills Phase on and I brought with me my Nylon issue of London Calling that featured them on the cover! (It was also my very first Nylon issue:> )

I scoured the Hong Kong streets(I forgot where) and looked for boots that would resemble Alison's and Jamie's but I couldn't find one because the season was summer. So they weren't selling boots. :( SAD. Surprisingly, I found one back here in Manila. It was from Janilyn! =))))
I bought a gold one and a black one then.


So now I think the new Phase would be a Robyn phase. :))

sources: youtube and google :D

PS. " " = hand gesture quoting, gets? :))) Omg, I don't know how to explain it. I will just pretend you get it. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment