Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Ayala Museum's Manga Realities


Growing up, there were loads of anime showing in ABS-CBN and GMA and I grew up to love anime because of that. My childhood consisted of B'TX, Zenki, Ghost Fighter, Magic Knight Ray Earth, Dragon Ball (which I never got to finish because it was sooo long), my favorite, Neon Genesis Evangelion and a whooollee lot more. =))

Every after school, I would hurry back home and instantly turn on the tv and tune in to channel 6 and 7. They were the only source for animes back then but when Animax came to our country and Hero popped up, there was an influx of anime in the country.

Ayala Museum held an exhibit called Manga Realities and the child in me wanted to go. =))
I called up my friends and told them about it and we weennntt. Here's what we saw there:


It's the TELECASTER IN BECK!!! Ugghh, wanted to steal it but can't. Obviously.




Pretty cool, Beck was also a cool anime and I remember watching it in Hero (the Philippine version of Animax). I gotta tell you, it actually did inspire me in playing the guitar (more). :))



This area was cool. You could hear the sound of the whale from the background~~~

Down here are some of the drawings on the wall, the drawings were pretty cool.






INSANE COLORIIIINGG SKILLZ!!!!


Nodame Cantabile was aired in Animax. I never got to watch it though, but my brother's a fan of it. He likes classical music eh.





Off to the second floor!


Random umbrellas on the walls.


The chairs reminded me of grade school and high school days :<


AND... SOLANIN.
I borrowed a book from a friend called Solanin, the manga was awesome and I love the story and twist of it! They somehow copied the room of the main characters in the book... LET US ENTERRRR:




Taneda's glasses! :<


Cool CDs!


Outside the four corners of the room are words from the manga.


There's a live version of the manga, they made a movie of it. They somehow made it exactly like the manga but there were loads of "quiet time" in the movie. I suggest you read the manga, it's much better.


After that, we were craving for crepes so I took them to Cafe Breton (it's my fave crepe place everrrr coz my dad used to take me there ALL THE TIIIIMEE) and I always order the same old crepe! ONE ADAM AND EVE, PLEASE~~~


I still went shopping for some accessories then for my shoot with Je as Audrey Hepburn.


I went to Landmark for some cheap accessories and got the necklace there for 150 pesos! CHEAP~~ I took a cab home and I fell asleep in the cab. DEADZ. But I'm fine soo everything's cool. Di naman ako na-rape or anything at di rin naman ako na-scam, I'm still alive and kicking. =))


Topshop bowler hat, thrifted Levi's jacket, Zara Lady Gaga tee, and Keds cherry shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment