Monday, July 22, 2013

Essentials.

Click to zoom in


Before I left for Korea, I did an "extensive" research on what me and my brother could do there. My brother couldn't do it because he was always busy so he tasked me to do all the research we needed to do for our trip. From getting our Visas to the different locations we could go to and a copy of Seoul's Subway map, I got every information needed.

The day before our flight I decided to make a list of things to bring for the trip (uhm yeah, I always pack my things the day/night before trips lol). I made a list but thought that I could be paranoid missing some things so I decided to google what other people brought and encountered the Essentials list in Hypebeast. I remember thinking to myself while browsing other folks' essentials "DO THEY REALLY NEED THAT?" but I guess that's where they say "To each his own", right? So this one is my version when going out of town~ YAY!

(Imma do this clockwise)

1. My luggage- I don't know the name of the luggage but it's my very first trolley ever and yes, I used it JUST LAST YEAR when I went to Hong Kong. It's got old school vibes to it but I completely love it because it does the job very well. The luggage is spacious (not too big and not too small) and easy to pull around airports. 

2. Caps- I don't know why but I just love caps (or beanies, check out number 3). I feel like they're perfect if you're too lazy to fix your hair. That's me... 89% of the time. hahaha

3. My Comme des Fuckdown beanie- I love that beanie. I searched for it everywhere in HK. I even waited for it to arrive from Korea last year when I spent Christmas in Hong Kong. (lol)

4. Head/earphones- because I like to think that my life is a movie when I walk around town and I have my very own BGM (background music hahaha). It also blocks stupid conversations for me to hear, removes boredom, and keeps me awake from long boring and quiet flights. I really can't live without them.

5. Cute socks- I LOOOVEE CUTE SOCKSSS. It helps accentuate the outfit too without trying too hard.

6. Cellphone/mp3 player- because my phone keeps me connected with the ones I love (naks hahaha) and because without my mp3 the head/earphones would be useless. They are married to one another and to me. LOL.

7. My Canon Sureshot Film Camera- Makes street photography a whole lot easier because it is lightweight and easy to carry. It also does not grab as much attention as a bigass DSLR. It also never fails to capture my shots as it's title says, Sureshot nga siya talaga. Hahaha.

8. My films- duh, without the films my film cameras would be useless! When I travel, I make sure to have extra just in case I run out of films to use. You don't want to miss that shot just because you ran out of film don't you? 

9. My golden cross- the person who gave it to me... well, she's kind of special in a way...I guess. She said it's made of melted bullets, I think.......... or was it gold, I'm not quite sure, I have a bad memory lol. Anyways, I try to bring it with me wherever I go because JC never fails me. He's always got my back.

10. My Woven Wallet- My mom gave this to me and it's been with me for yearsssss! I'd like to say it's Bottega but it's not...really. Haha, the weaves are falling apart but it keeps a lot of my cards and again, it's been with me for years and even though it's kind of falling apart I don't think I'll be replacing it anytime soon. Maybeee. 

11. Watch- I never leave home without a watch. I'm paranoid when it comes to time but ironically, most of the time I am late. Shit, I don't know why that happens but shit just happens forealz ya know what I mean? :)))

12. My Yashica Rangefinder- I also bring this when I travel believe it or not. Even though its heavy and kills my back and shoulders EVERYTIME...you can't replace the awesome feel of a rangefinder winding the film. Always a classic,  you should try it some time.

13. My New Balance 576- Got this in Hong Kong but it's been with me where ever I go. I plan to have a new one by the end of the year, hahaha yes ganun ka tagal ung deadline ko but yeah. Kelangan muna mag-ipon. :P It's insanely comfortable and reliable in any situation, rain or shine. Awesome investment.

And that's it! 
Those items are my essentials. I had fun making the list (I love making lists!) you guys should try one too. :D


No comments:

Post a Comment