Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I was a reading machine during the term break...

Every Christmas season, my ninang gives me a book. Well, this is the second book she's given me, the first one was the first book of Suzanne Collin's trilogy The Hunger Games which was really nice. This year, she gave me this book called 'How to Say Goodbye in Robot' by Natalie Standiford.

I thought it would be crappy/lame/cheesy but in the end, it actually got the best of me. I was shocked that I couldn't stop turning the page curious as to what will happen next. It was such a page-turner that I ended up finishing the book at 3 in the morning! My goodness, that only happened to me when I was reading Harry Potter, it was that good! =)))

BUT, there were some parts that got me annoyed because the protagonist is a chick and she is sooo caught up with this guy that it seems like she can't live without him and it seems like her world revolves around him even though he keeps hurting her or pushing her away! (REMINDS US OF A CERTAIN BOOKEHEMTWILIGHTEHEM) But in the end, I get to forgive the girl and the book becomes one of my favorites right now. =)))) SO READ IT AND YOU SHALL SEE WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT. I don't like to spoil eh.

Then I bought this book at Fully Booked. This is (correct me if I'm wrong) a Swedish book that got translated into English, and then a Swedish movie was made and then the English one recently made (2010) entitled 'Let Me In'. I'm telling you guys, you should read this book! It's really one hell of a book because for the first time ever, reading a book got me weak in mah bonezz~~~!!! =)))) The gruesome details made me lose my appetite (because I have a habit of reading my books when I eat my breakfast or lunch). I felt the suspense as well and for a moment or two got really scared that I stopped reading the book for awhile (1 or 2 minutes tops :)) ).

So if you guys are up for some gore and suspense, this is the book for you to read! :> You guys should also watch the movie but I really suggest you read the book first to be able to get the movie coz in the movie, they kinda changed some parts sooo, to intrigue you guys, here's the trailer!


PS! Chloe Grace Moretz is the lead in the movie with Kodi Smit-Mcphee. I loovee Chloe Moretz!!! SHE IS AWESOMMEE!!! K. =))

You guys shoould check these out because I loved it and hopefully you guys will love it too! :)

PPS! I forgot to mention that Let the Right One In is a vampire book but it has a bit of a twist in it. It's really nice and wicked and way cooler than Twilight Saga, that I assure you. :>

No comments:

Post a Comment