Monday, July 29, 2013

MNT Seal


Woooo! Guys, I have my own seal naaa~~ I feel like one of those Empresses in Chinese/Korean movies lol. Jk. Anyways,  super lucky to have found this little store in Insadong. Insadong is where you can see "the focal point of Korean traditional culture and crafts." Everything being sold in Insadong is Korean and possibly hand-crafted by the sellers themselves.


Wee, here's my illustration without the stamppp~~


And there it issss. I got them to carve my initials MNT because I thought it could be similar to the one I made for my business card logo. Plus, it feels more serious/professional (I think lol). The sales lady who was super nice asked if I wanted it in English or Korean and I thought about that and thought I'd go with English since I'd be using the stamp back home. The price was 30,000 won (around 1170 pesos) which I thought was pricey but then I've always wanted to have a legit one so I YOLO'd it all the way.


Zooming in on the stamp :D 

The stamp is made of marble (i think, dunnoo...it feels like it tho) and the guy carved it by hand. We had to wait for about 45 minutes because the store had a lot of orders and when me and my brother got back it was already ready for us to take home :D

Totally cool and a good remembrance from Korea that I'd cherish forever. Yaayy!

3 comments:

  1. omg i love your illustrations omg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omggggg flattered ako, i luv ur stuff din inaaaa :))

      Delete
    2. Seryoso curl I wish I could illustrate like you guys weep

      Delete