Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Back and Forth




Lately, I've been looking for awesome music-related documentaries and so far I've watched only one but I'm telling you, I'm really starting to get hooked into it. =)) The first one I watched is called It Might Get Loud which consists of Jimmy Page(Led Zeppelin), The Edge (U2), and Jack White (White Stripes, The Raconteurs, The Dead Weather). That was one hell of a documentary which was totally inspiring. (My favorite part was when Jack White was making a guitar out of wood and a bottle and some strings!!!!)

Now I saw this...



It is currently downloading and it just premiered in SXSW as a film. I hope this would be a good one just as much as the first music documentary I've seen.

I don't know why I'm looking at these documentaries but I have a huge feeling it's because I'm in a "band" now =)))). For our finals in DESKPUB (Desktop Publishing), we were asked to make our own magazine and we were formed into groups. We had this sick idea that we'd put our band in our own magazine =))))) WHATISSELFPROMOTION?! :))

We haven't really had an idea for our band name then so we kept changing it. The latest band name that was placed in our FB group was Catching Moondrops so that was what we used for the magazine article. My friend Beau saw it and said it was "dramatic" and I think putting the band name in the magazine was somehow a sign that it is now our "official band name" =))). Bandmates, agree?



1 comment: