Friday, May 25, 2012

Lady Gaga in Manila!



The Arenaaa! It looks like Jesus fish if you ask me.  Jesus-fish is the sticker that you put on cars that looks like a fish but it's...ya know, a religious symbol or something...yeahhh.... sorry, umepal si manong sa photo. The insides are finished and it's clean, but it's nothing really fancy. It is an upgrade from the Araneta Coliseum, better seats and all that stuff but nothing really out of the ordinary, I think. The outsides aren't finished when I saw them, they were just attaching some metals siguro that's like 98% completed na. Hehe, there was a little bias though coz when you get to the top floor, there's no more aircon and you are forced to use the stairs instead of escalators =)) 


When you get inside this is what you'll see. Nakakalula siya btw, I think I experienced a little vertigo moment when the ticket lady stamped my arm and I entered for the first time at the General Admissions area. There were little steps that leads you to the chairs and one trip could lead you to the patron area =)) Yun ung feeling ko. 

Look behind the draaapesss, it's Lady Gaga's Castle!!! :O


That's DJ Zedd as her opening act, he's pretty good. Then he finished after an hour and a half of Dj-ing and the drapes were lifted after another 30 minutes!


Then the smokes started to fill the stage and I thought that there must've been loads of fog machines behind the castle because the stage filled up so fast! Anyhoo, I looveedd the stage, it reminded me of Polly Pockets and my childhood because the castle and it's gates opens and closes by itself! =)) You'll see her band inside the castle too when they open, it's insane! Whoever thought of the concept and how to execute the whole set is a genius!!!! Exclamation point overloaadddd.

 

Then some sort of entourage of Gaga's came out and there was a point that a horse/unicorn came out. It was amazing!!! =))


The whole concert was pretty amazing and she sang ALL of her hit songs and almost all of the songs in the Born This Way album. I love everything but my favorite outfit of hers was the Bloody Mary one because it looked like she was floating but she wasn't! Here's a video from Tokyo (coz I can't find a good copy from Manila in youtube) so you'll see what I mean:

                         

 I love that there are segues in almost each of the song that she performed and that the concert sort of had a story in it. It was just insanely cool. I didn't take much photos because I was too busy singing along with her and sort of dancing, and by dancing I mean moving my arms and stuff =))


And that's the stage when the show was over!

 I took a video of "Hair" where she also had a little speech about the protests that were held by these "religious people", I'd love to post it but you'll just hear my horrendous voice and screams so never mind. =)) 

PS. I still have a Born This Way Ball hangover. My 2k was worth it. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment