Sunday, June 3, 2012

Popfest 2012


 I went to Dope MNL X Popfest last night and it was a cool chill vibe. I GOT TO SEE BEE EYES! :D
 

Julius V.

They were awesome, I was on my way to the venue of the concert and I could hear them playing and I got all excited in my tummyyy :))

Idris V.
Ooooooh, he reminds me of The Horrors.


Diego A.


 Ralph M.

(Did I get their names right tho? I'm not quite sure) =))






Of course  he had to wear that Joy Division shirt :O *amazed*


Julius V. He was funny trying to kill time for the next band to replace 'em :))
He said they were giving away free Bee Eyes CD but I was too shy to go near them (na-starstruck ako) =)) UGHHH, regreeet.


Oh, here are the peeps I went with to the fest. They're some cool friends I've got. Wait, I just met Kim last night btw (girl on the left side) and she's cool to hang with =)) Kumiko, the lady on the right, is just as cool too. SHE GAVE ME AN OST OF AVENUE Q which I find hilarious and now I want to go and see them live.

And below is Kim and Trixie using my camera :))




 LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. That's me and my DERP FACE. 


Here's a video that Kumiko took for Sunday Girl which is my FAVE from the band! Wooooo! Check it guys, super worth it. I'm super glad Kumiko had fun because it's been awhile since we haven't seen each other and I spontaneously invited her to the event. I was worried she might not like the music on the Popfest line but the first band that she saw (Bee Eyes) she loved. WOOO!

Then Ciudad:


His bass is COOL

 I like his guitar.


 Then, of course, a crowd favorite was Ang Bandang Shirley:




He reminds me of Chaz as in Toro Y Moi Chaz :)))


Oh, hey, I like corners and shadows :))

My friends Trixie and Kim were MIA but it turned out that they were just looking for something to eat. I saw them in Clawdaddy's so we ate there and got to know more. REVELATIONS HAPPENED (wink at Trixie) =))


Ooooohh, pretty lights~

 

Bathroom break! I had to pee. Everyone did. :))

 I like odd things and by odd, I mean the things that people think are normal. I've got the Eggleston-bug!

  
I love his guitaaarrr! I didn't get to catch their band name since we arrived at their last song after the dinner that we had at Clawdaddy's.

 
But the drummer was cool and he went WILD.


I was taking some photos and when I lowered the camera from my face someone jumped (or tapped) at me and nagulat ako :)) It was a schoolmate of mine from high school and it was just Maronne =)) As in that's her in the photo. Sorry, I liked the "framing and composition" and shit so I took a photo of it.(HELLO MARONNE, If you see this Hi and if you want me to remove the photo ok lang :)) )

Then PEDICAB played! 
Bitin siya actually, I wish they played more songs haha but oh well...








After Pedicab, the dj set of Gian Romano was the only one I was able to listen to coz I had to go home na. I would just like to say that his playlist was amazing. One song after another and he played Wolf Gang! ACE. 

And sooooo, that ends my Saturday night fun with my friends, I will leave you now with Georgina Wilson's face. 

My friend Trixie took this photo. Na-starstruck siya eh :))





Ooops, NAT. 
Here's my Derp/Singing face to Robyn's "Dancing On My Own" during Gian Romano's set =))


Kay. BYE. :))

 PS. I would also just like to add that it's fun to talk/shout out loud in High Street when no one is around and the place is quiet. You guys should try it some time!

3 comments:

  1. Lol I thought you sing in the shower? :) THANK YOU SO MUCH for inviting me. I really liked the bands that played. I don't know a lot sa indie scene but yeah I guess I can now say I super like ang bandang Shirley, arigato hato and bee eyes!! Super stoked I saw them live the first time I hear them. More of nights like last night please. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mixed up Idris and Ralph :) Idris plays the guitar (the horrors looking carrothead)

    ReplyDelete