Thursday, May 24, 2012

Manila Music Festival

Manila Music Festival! 
A festival to call our own, they said. True, it was fun but I think a lot of tweaking needs to be done. I have some photos to show ya'll, apologies for some crappy digital photos that I have here, did not bring my dslr eh.


Here's one of the stage...this one is the dj area.


I think that's Similar Objects performing, I'm not quite sureeee.....


This is me, sitting on the sand taking a photo of a stranger's mat. =))
 

This dude twirled his lights the whole night! =)) I bet he had fun. 

This is the Red Bull tent. I would just like to say (and be honest because no one seemed to complain about this) that the prices for the drinks are TOTALLY INSANE. 100 pesos for a MINI BOTTLE OF WATER. Ginto ang tubig nila (in reality, Viva lang ung tubig nila). The coke was also gold, so I had to share a can of coke with my friends =)). Mas mura pa ung Red Bull kesa sa tubig, which was crazy. 

There were live art happening all over the place, and the place was big, in fairness. 



Kjwan was good and of course they had to sing their summer song, 'One Look' and it was perfect. Made my night  actually hehe. 


I had no idea that guitarist was epic but he fingered (yes, I had to use that term) his guitar while drinking with his right hand. Na-amaze ako okay. Also, if you lookk closely at my crappy photo, there is a cigarette on top of his guitar. Badasssss. He looked scary though, but nonetheless, he's got my R.E.S.P.E.C.T. 


I also liked how Marc Abaya kept saying he was Derek Ramsay, I can't tell if he was drunk then because he did a good job performing but you could tell he was bitter against the dude coz you know, he got Angelica whatsername. Anyhoo, I also liked that he did his sorta signature move where he spits beer in the air. 


LOOK, a keytar!!!! The sound from the key-tar was amazing. That dude did a solo and he was ace. 


The MMF also had a free tie-dye think going on which I thought was genius and fun and a tent that serves free silkscreen to put if you brought a white shirt. If not, you could always buy the white shirt and let them do the silkscreening for free which was really cool. 


This is the guitarist for Kjwan earlier but in reality, he was a guitarist for the band Wilabaliw. I would also like to state that they are Baliw. Their performance was crazy as in air flips and intense solos but I have to be honest, I could not understand a word that the singer was singing/screaming. Nevertheless, I liked their badass-ness and all. 

He did some tumbling and dropped on his back, I heard it was his signature move. I thought that was cool. 

The event was fun but to be honest, it didn't really cater much to a young audience. Maybe that's why the venue wasn't full? I wish they invited more familiar bands because the ones who performed weren't really in my radar. Totally respect the whole "they are legends" thing and all but I had no idea what songs they were playing! If they mixed in some hip bands too then maybe it would have been more worth it to go to, but no regrets. The experience was different, something I have not done before and I thought it was cool. Maybe if the line-up next time were better like I dunno *cough* Yuck, M83, and the likes *cough* would be performing, I definitely would spend more than a buck or two, if ya know what I mean. :D

Also, there were moments that a stage would be "almost" empty, so I felt sorry for the performer :< AWWWW but since it was a first for Manila, I hope the next time would be better! WOOOOO! And now my next post will be about Lady Gagaaaaa! Don't expect for cool photos tho coz I was in Gen Ad lang. Hahahaha.

PS. More photos to come but I used a film camera there so I have to wait until the films get developed~~~  I also forgot to state that I had a water gun with me and got wet in the venue which was awesooomeee. :D


No comments:

Post a Comment